Packages that are Returned to Sender by the Shipping Carrier
Fortunately, it does not happen often, but sometimes the shipping carrier finds a package undeliverable and must ship it back to us or to the supplier it came from. This can happen for several different reasons. Four common examples are below:
- The address was entered incorrectly at the time of order. (Wrong street number, wrong zip, etc.).
- The address used was not accessible to the carrier. (Closed neighborhood, closed business, etc.).
- The package was delivered to a shipping location, UPS Store or Post Office, and not retrieved in a timely manner.
- For international packages, the duties and taxes were not paid in a timely manner.
If your package is returned to us, Submit a request and let us know in case we have not received it yet. If the address was entered correctly from the order as placed, the cost of the new shipping label needed to ship the product back out will fall to the customer. If Obsessed Garage made a mistake, we will ship at no charge. But because we copy exactly the address as supplied through our system, most mistakes are made at the time of ordering. We generally have two options for a package that is returned to us by the carrier:
- We can ship the package back to you, but you will have to pay for the new shipping label, and provide a correct or different address.
- We can cancel and refund the order. The shipping cost of the original order cannot be refunded because the package was originally shipped to the address provided.
There are exclusions to this and other things that may be at play that we can help with. So please reach out so that we can figure out the best way to handle the situation with your package.